For some people think you can literally just pay extra to fix hair that’s ruined, abuse it for months/years then simply pay a little extra or get the new “It” treatment and you have brand new healthy hair, the easy way but guess what…. sadly you can’t!
Here are a few things you need to do to make sure your hair doesn’t need shaving off and starting again! Some you will think you can skip because, well that’s human nature and we think we can do what we want but if you want healthy hair here goes according to Rod Anker
- Trim every 5-6 weeks! Yes you do and no even if you are trying to grow it then ends need to be removed.
- Don’t over dry it or end up burning it with heat tools, a blow out shouldn’t destroy your hair if done correctly but sadly a lot of the time it does!
- Always use conditioner, closes the cuticle making sure the moisture stays in.
- Use a heat protector or serum everyday that also has UV protection!
- Wash it every day or every second day.
- Don’t use oil, yes DON’T -it coats the hair, the heat that’s generated from the coating dehydrates the hair and makes it dry and brittle.
No amount of onion juice, curd, beer or oil rubbed onto your scalp is going to do anything other than create bacteria, possibly alter the PH of your scalp and put you into a false sense of security. Your hair grows under the skin and feeding it involves putting the right thing inside your body not on top of your head. Anyone who spends time in a salon getting a blow out may or may not know the smoke coming off the client next door is either her hair burning or bacteria & build up burning off the hair-shaft ! Just because your mum told you and her mum told her and her mums mum told her doesn’t make it correct. There is no quick fix, tablets and vitamins may ( not always ) help supplement vitamins and minerals the body is lacking but take months or even years to see any effect if any!
So before opting for a home remedy which may have some benifits, make sure you are doing the basics to ensure you have every chance possible in order to have beautiful healthy hair!